Consult an administrative assistant
An IU Purchasing p-card is a credit card that may be used for some, but not all, IU-related purchases. Contact an administrative assistant for assistance.
Please review Luddy P-Card policy as well as IU’s P-card Restrictions.
Only use a P-Card for appropriate purchases, including:
- Small dollar transactions under $5,000 (normally not more than $1,000)
- One-time purchases from a non-IU vendor
- Purchases from a supplier that does not accept purchase orders
- Conference registration fees
- IU’s tax-exempt number (0003123294) is on the face of all P-Cards.
- Request reimbursement for tax charged in the amount of $7 or more.
- Staff and faculty hospitality is taxable when purchased with an IU P-card or through a purchase order.
- Student hospitality is tax-exempt when purchased with an IU P-card or purchase Order.
Return the P-Card and an itemized receipt to the cardholder as soon as possible. Please indicate on your receipt what the purchase was for and the account number to be charged.