Pivot is a funding opportunities and scholars database updated daily that allows users to receive results in a variety of ways. You can search for funding by keywords or funding organization's name, track individual opportunities, and receive ongoing alerts.
All IU faculty, staff and students can access Pivot.
IU invests in Pivot, a comprehensive worldwide funding database, to help you locate funding from external sources to support your work.
Proposal Development Services (PDS)
IU's Proposal Development Services (PDS) collaborates with researchers to help plan, prepare, and manage applications for external funding.
Contact 4-6 weeks in advance for standard proposals, 4-6 months for large proposals such as Training Grants. PDS assists with:
- Consultation and project coordination
- Reviewing the responsiveness of the proposal to a particular funding opportunity
- Identifying potential collaborators and project team members
- Works with the project lead to establish a timeline
- Provides iterative, reviewer-focused guidance and feedback
- Processing reviewer’s comments during revision
- Organizing and managing the proposal preparation process in conjunction with Luddy C&G
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Networking and peer review workshops
- Proposal-writing seminars
Researchers can use SciENcv to create and maintain biosketches that are submitted with grant applications and annual reports. SciENcv allows researchers to describe and highlight their scientific contributions in their own words. The mandate to use SciENcv only for preparation of the biographical sketch will go into effect for new proposals submitted or due on or after October 23, 2023.