This policy establishes the development, review, approval and revision process for the School of Informatics and Computing IT policies. By implementing this uniform process, Luddy IT professionals seek to serve and support faculty, students and staff by employing industry best practices and align with all established IU policies. This policy ensures that each IT policy undergoes the same process, is accessible, understandable and approved in a consistent and appropriate manner. Luddy IT aspires to create a policy framework that best serves the University, the mission of Luddy, and supports excellence in our computing environment.
Exceptions to policy
This policy only applies to IT functions within Luddy.
- A new IT policy may be initiated based on the need for broad application throughout Luddy. The IT Director will designate other IT members to assist in the drafting and development of the policy. During this draft phase the policy will be clearly labeled DRAFT: IT Policy and will use the IT policy template.
- Once a draft has been completed, it will be reviewed by other IT members and affected faculty and staff. Edits will be requested and included until all are satisfied with the draft.
- The draft policy will then be moved into 'Review' status and renamed 'REVIEW' at which time it will be sent to the Luddy IT faculty liaison, the Executive Associate Dean, Senior Director of Administration & Finance, and the Senior Director of Planning and Communications, and Department Chairs for additional review and edits.
- Ratification of Luddy IT policies are achieved after approvals from the Executive Associate Dean, Senior Director of Administration & Finance, and the Senior Director of Planning and Communications and Department Chairs.
- The IT policy will be posted on the Luddy KB IT policies page.
- If the policy has impact beyond the IT team technical operations, the IT Director will send a school-wide email announcing the policy approval, the reason for the policy and any potential impact.
- The IT Director will initiate an annual review of policies and request updates from members of the IT team, affected faculty and staff, and leadership of the School.
- Reviews and revisions will be indicated by a history timestamp noted at the bottom of each policy.